Train rides are unique experiences. Each one opens up a myriad of thoughts and sights. It’s the best place to forge friendships and contemplate, if that’s your style. As the train chugs along, sceneries unfold on both sides as the background score of the moving train plays in your head. After all, you are not on train journeys to sleep, you're here to plough through the nether regions of a country
Travelling cross-country by train does take time, but that’s the beauty of it. Life in motion, at a quieter pace weaving long-lasting memories. We are so used to jet travel and our cars, which cushion us from the world outside, that we tend to look at trains with not much of like. But, it opens up the country from a whole new angle. After all, from the Rocky Mountains to the Himalayas, some of the world’s most difficult terrains were reached first by the railway.But fortunately now you can explore these remote regions in much comfort onboard some of the most luxurious trains.
We at Experiential Travel will make sure that your rail travel is an adventure to remember. Our portfolio of train journeys include world’s greatest rail journeys, luxury trains with travelling routes through diversified and far-reaching destinations and landscapes, both long distance and cross-country.
With us you just need to worry about selecting your train journey of a lifetime from our varied portfolio, which takes you to regions you would have not otherwise thought of exploring in such comfort and luxury.
At a Glance
Trans Siberian Railway
- Once hailed as ‘the fairest jewel in the crown of the Tsars’, the Trans-Siberian Railway remains one of life’s great travel experiences. It’s said to be the longest you can make on a single train. Of the three trans-Siberian routes - between Moscow and Vladivostok, Moscow to Beijing via Harbin, Moscow to Beijing via Mongolia, the latter is said to be the most interesting. While on the Mongolian route, the empty undulating grassy steppes of the Gobi desert are the main attraction, on the Manchurian route, rolling steppes are a feature.
- Darwin to Adelaide is a long way. The Ghan is a truly epic train ride, connecting the capital cities of South Australia and the Northern Territory, the crash of the Southern Ocean and the tropical Timor Sea, via umber mountain ranges, weird rocks, rainforest and a fair few kangaroos. Named after the 19th-century outback camel drivers who hailed from Afghanistan, this train ride offers food that have an unmistakably outback flavour.
The Orient Express
- Then was a time when train travel was a luxurious prospect. It came with a frisson of glamour and adventure. It’s this golden age of rail travel that the Orient-Express company seeks to evoke on its train services, most famously in its namesake Venice Simplon-Orient-Express which runs form from Paris to Venice, and once a year to Istanbul. It cruises along some of the old continent’s most alluring destinations like Venice, London, Istanbul, Vienna, Budapest, Paris, Rome and Prague.
- Ride Ecuador in the sky and in style. It winds its way from Quito high in the Andes to Guayaquil down on the Pacific coast. This upmarket train chugs through grungy suburbs straight into Avenue of the Volcanoes and includes a long ascent to Urbina – whose skyline is dominated by a pair of volcanic peaks. For most, the climax is navigating the Devil’s Nose. In this short stretch the train climbs around 500 vertical metres.
- This is the pride of Africa, hands down. Choose the level of luxury and type of train safari that suits you and enjoy a unique African safari. It runs its train-hotel on various routes throughout Southern Africa, from South Africa to Namibia and Tanzania. Every two years Rovos Rail runs a Cape to Cairo route.
- The Blue Train in South Africa, Indian Pacific in Australia, Train to the Clouds in Argentina, Seven Stars in Kyushu Japan, Hiram Bingham in Peru, Eastern and Oriental Express in South East Asia, Rocky Mountaineer in Canada, Royal Scotsman in Scotland are other iconic trains which warrants a mention and part of our extensive portfolio
Above is just a small selection of our Rail Travel and Luxury Train Journeys. Call us or Email us for our full selection of unique, exclusive and luxury trains of the world. We can also tailor made a full trip idea around and incorporating a train journey to match your interests, preferences and expectations.
We do not offer or sell readymade packages. We specialise in Private Travel Design of Tailor Made, Customised, Bespoke Holidays, Journeys and Vacations around your interests, preferences, expectations and budget.